Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Accounts Clerk
is responsible for the day-to-day operations within the Finance Department.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist in all aspects of the upkeep of day-to-day accounting records including but not limited to data input;
- Assist with end of month routines including bank reconciliations;
- Complete ad hoc projects and other financial activities as assigned;
- Carry out any other duties and responsibility assigned by the Financial Controller;
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation;
- Ensure that cash is posted and accurately allocated including the handling of petty cash payments and credit cards reconciliations;
- Issue of clients’ invoices, recording of receipts and sending monthly debtors’ statements;
- Monitor and follow-up non-payment delayed payment and aged debtors;
- Prepare revenue reports including helping in daily sales reports from the various outlets within the Group;
- Prepare reports and preserve documentation pertaining to audits for internal records;
- Recording of suppliers’ invoices and preparation of payments;
- Update and prepare monthly debtors and creditors reconciliations.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- Possess a Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last minute requests;
- Knowledge of Shireburn SFM and SIMS would be considered an asset;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.