Gauci-Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm) in Malta is looking to recruit a Corporate Office Administrator
to join their team on a full-time basis. Gauci-Maistre Xynou is a boutique multi-disciplinary practice offering bespoke legal, audit and assurance services, as well as tax services to a large number of local and international clients.
The person would have experience in a similar role and be of a mature disposition able to handle business requirements professionally in supporting, liaising and coordinating members of the management team, lawyers, accountants, auditors and other service providers on behalf of corporate clients. Conversant with office routine, energetic and hardworking, the ideal candidate should have a pleasant and outgoing personality who is able to deal with requests in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
- Excellent written and communications skills in both English, Maltese and preferably Italian;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint);
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Performing basic filing, and clerical duties;
- Photocopying and binding of documents;
- Supporting the Managing Director and the management team while assisting in the day-to-day office administration and coordination;
- Handling travel plans/reservations, visas, accommodation, expense reports etc;
- Handling incoming calls, emails and correspondence and assisting in the preparation of business correspondence as required;
- Scheduling, coordinating meetings and updating calendars, preparing agendas and presentations and taking minutes; assisting in organising of corporate events and special projects;
- Greeting visitors upon arrival and professionally handling incoming phone calls;
- Responsible for HR administration, including preparing of confidential documentation for employment and onboarding, ensuring the upkeep of policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate record keeping and reporting (conditions of employment, work permits, vacation leave, sick leave, time sheets, HR files, correspondence etc.);
- Data inputting, processing and reconciling monthly payrolls;
- Collecting and distributing parcels and other mail;
- Liaising with suppliers (stationery / water / coffee/ toiletries).
Other duties as requested by HR and other departments on a day to day basis.
- Proactive and go-getting approach;
- Good organisational skills an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Good multitasker;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience of office systems including Word, Outlook, Excel;
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping;
- Basic understanding of payroll;
- Willingness to learn through formal/informal training.
- Monday to Friday from 08.00AM to 17.00PM.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and the benefits of working within an expanding organisation. If you would like to join their dynamic team of professionals, please submit your resume to by sending an email together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager.
Gauci-Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm):
Gauci-Maistre Xynou is the brand under which our team of dedicated professionals offer bespoke legal, audit and assurance services. Gauci-Maistre Xynou (Law Firm) is an established law firm in Malta with a team of advocates warranted to practise law in Malta or their respective jurisdictions and exclusively authorised to provide legal services under the Gauci-Maistre Xynou brand. The law firms’ international desks allow us to offer unique tailor-made legal services ensuring that an internationally holistic approach is adopted for every case. Audit and assurance services under the Gauci-Maistre Xynou brand are offered by Gauci-Maistre Xynou (Assurance) consisting of a team of certified auditors and accountants, fully committed to servicing clients operating locally and internally in broad-ranging sectors. Gauci-Maistre Xynou is well placed to serve its clients from all parts of the world in their respective industries. It has truly emerged as an efficient and reliable one-stop shop. Solidifying its presence both locally as well as internationally, the firm comprises a team of professional, specialising in their respective fields, ready to provide tailor measures services to their various clients. Ultimately, Gauci-Maistre Xynou’s top priority is its clients.