Marco Polo Hostel is looking to recruit an Administration Assistant
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Administration Assistant
will work closely with the General Manager to further improve the efficiency of the business, and streamline the administration. The person the company is looking for must be an experienced and proficient administrator with the necessary computer skills to be able to oversee all aspects of finances, reception, invoices, and budgets.
Skills and Experience:
- Supporting the General Manager with all administration duties;
- Hostel Accounting – track and monitor all transactions;
- Create and monitor department budgets;
- Stock control and ordering for housekeeping and reception;
- Preferred Supplier list;
- Work with business partners to ensure on-time payments;
- Payroll & Commissions Monthly;
- Accounting of hostel daily, monthly revenue;
- Recruitment – help screen and set up interviews for the General Manager;
- Staff training;
- Use of business systems.
- English Speaker;
- Previous hostel experience is highly regarded;
- Minimum 2 years of administration experience;
- Knowledge of working with OTA’s and online partners;
- Proven organisational skills;
- Experience working in sales (B2C) and meeting targets is helpful to this role;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop);
- Accounting experience or knowledge;
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate, working to tight deadlines using own initiative.
- Commitment to Marco Polo and Hostel Malti mission and values – desire to make a difference;
- Proactive and motivated;
- Team player – work closely with Hostel Manager, Remote Manager and Hostel Malti;
- Flexible, and willing to work in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment;
- Conscientious and responsible;
- Support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.
Marco Polo Malta:
Marco Polo Malta, a party hostel ideally located in the heart of St. Julian’s/Paceville. The perfect base for backpackers and travellers to discover all that Malta has to offer. Close to beaches, nightlife, restaurants and bus stops. We have 3 properties in Malta, Marco Polo Hostel, Hostel Malti and The Maltese Sun. We are continuously growing and expanding. Working with us isn't like your regular boring office job. We are fast paced, dynamic and challenging. As a hostel, we like to be with our guests as much as possible to ensure they are enjoying their stay so working with us will require some social skills while also be self-motivated and autonomous to ensure you are completing your tasks.