The National Statistics Office, Malta is looking to recruit interested Survey Interviewers to join its team at the Malta International Airport on a full-time basis. The Survey Interviewers will collect data for the Tourstat survey. The survey is the main source of information on tourism statistics. The post is on an indefinite contract basis and has an annual salary of €14,867 in addition to allowances of approximately €4,000 per year attached to it as from 1 January 2019.
Survey Interviewer Responsibilities:
- Carry out face-to-face interviews in-line with set methodologies;
- Enter collected data electronically into a hand held device;
- Carry out other tasks as may be assigned by the management.
Survey Interviewer Requirements include:
- Matsec/similar examination boards Ordinary Level passes in four (4) subjects of which preferably three (3) in different languages;
- An aptitude for interviewing techniques and procedures;
- An ability to follow instructions as guided by team leaders;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- ECDL certificate.
- The successful applicant will work on a 12-hourly shift basis (day-night-rest-off);
- Alternative working arrangements will be considered;
- Survey Interviewers must be logical, methodical and discreet in their dealings with interviewees;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Appropriate training for the role will be provided. Based on their surveying experience, candidates may have an immediate opportunity for promotion to the post of Survey Interviewer II with an annual salary of €16,945 as from 1 January 2019.
The National Statistics Office:
The National Statistics Office (NSO) is the executive arm of the Malta Statistics Authority. It is responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis and publication of a wide range of statistical information and related matters.