Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk (Debt Collection)
to join their team on a part-time basis.
Accounts Clerk (Debt Collection) Responsibilities:
Accounts Clerk (Debt Collection) Skills & Knowledge:
- To ensure the Debt Collection function for the hotel is done in line with forecasts
- set resulting in a positive cash flow for the hotel
- collecting and processing payments on all amounts owed to the hotel
- chasing regularly debts owed and keep records of all actions taken
- providing timely and accurate financial information
- liaising between clients and the relevant departments of the hotels in order to answer client queries, whether these are presented via telephone or correspondence
- Ensures that necessary information in regard to overdue accounts is supplied to the Finance Director and presented in a monthly debtors’ meeting
- Controls by recording posting and balancing all advance deposits
- Checks query and account disputes and clarify with the credit manager and respond immediately
- Ensure all hotels’ revenues settled by city ledger are accurately recorded as well as supported by relevant contracts, authorisations and guarantee letters; and sent to clients in a timely manner
- Ensures prompt and accurate payment of approved invoices and pro forma invoices.
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa:
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions. As the founding property of Corinthia Hotels, Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is packed with elegance and luxury and is located near San Anton gardens.
- Minimum 2 years in similar capacity
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as operation
- Demonstrate management of a high-volume AR activity, with knowledge of associated controls and procedures
- Experience with a Front Office management system (preferably Opera)
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Analytical and have the drive to initiate new ideas or plans
- Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
- An organized and methodical approach
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines.