BigMat in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller
to join their team on a full-time basis.
A vacancy has arisen for the post of Assistant Financial Controller within BigMat reporting to the Financial Controller. The selected candidate will be mainly required to provide the most efficient, reliable, and timely service in support of the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Education and Licenses Required:
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and VAT returns;
- Collate, prepare, and interpret reports for management;
- Assist in the preparation of budget financial statements;
- Liaising with external auditors before and during the yearly statutory audit;
- Performing supplier and inventory reconciliations as necessary;
- Assist in treasury requirements of the company including the collection of funds and payments;
- Overview controls over cash and inventory;
- Supervise and assist the finance team with day to day activity including data entry;
- Perform monthly intragroup reconciliation;
- Assist in the budgeting process.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualities, Tools, and Equipment used in this position:
- Previous experience in an accounting department within the Retail industry would be considered as an asset, although not a must;
- The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant or in the last stages of obtaining ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards and regulations;
- A methodical and meticulous approach;
- The ability to explain financial information clearly and coherently to clients or management;
- Good organizational skills;
- Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Hands-on with a can-do attitude;
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia, and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Work is carried out in an office environment liaising with the retail outlet and warehouse environment.
- Full time job with occasional extra hours.