A leading Company within the FMCG industry is looking for a Head of Payments to join their team of professionals. The ideal candidate would be reporting to the Financial Controller and will have an overall responsibility of the creditors control function, including invoice approval, inputting and payment processing.
- Coordinating internally to ensure that the day to day invoices are processed within the company IT System as per approved guidelines to ensure that financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Confirming that invoices being inputted are in line with fiscal legislation as per agreed profit margins with the suppliers.
- Verify that invoices for services and non-stock items are properly authorized by the respective departmental manager before being processed for payment.
- Validate that each statement is reconciled and differences are acted on.
- Through the Creditors List monitor that each supplier is paid as per agreed credit terms.
- Approves payment to a supplier by checking that statement has been reconciled.
- On a weekly basis coordinate with the Treasury Controller for the submission of the cash flow.
- Liaising with the Financial Controller in terms of the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies, related to the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Maintaining the Suppliers Master Data in the company Financial IT system and making sure that any reported changes are updated immediately.
- Maintain the petty cash system of the Group and make sure that each request for reimbursement is properly documented.
- Archiving of documents related to the Finance Department, with respect to invoices and payments documentation.
- Preparing the necessary data for timely submission of the Monthly, Half Yearly and Annual Financial Statements and for the Audit fieldwork in preparation of the Annual Audit.
- Training and evaluating employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Coordinating with the Financial Controller in the implementation of new projects related to Creditors both within the department and companywide.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of an A-Level in Accounting, whilst Part-Qualified ACCA would be preferred.
- 2 years' experience working within an Accounting function.
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and Maltese