Firetech Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join their Finance team on a full-time basis.
As an Accountant, you will be work with our Financial Controller for one or more legal entities. You will be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable, reconciliations, general ledger entries and intercompany transactions. To accomplish your tasks, you will work closely with other functional areas of our Group. The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience, and from the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor to our Finance Department. You will also have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day calls and emails and team queries (Managing daily accounting functions);
- Reviewing invoices before posting by the clerk;
- Upkeep of accounts schedules (excel sheets with a synopsis of contracts/agreements);
- Preparation of management accounts;
- Preparation of audit file;
- Liaising with auditors during the audit;
- Postings of Journals where necessary;
- Stock Takes;
- Job costings & analyses;
- Managing finance team and ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported;
- Assisting in specific assignments and projects;
- NSO + other statutory surveys;
- Ad hoc assistance/reporting.
- Advanced level in obtaining ACCA qualification;
- 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Meticulous (with an eye for detail);
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Able to lead a team;
Excellent working conditions
*If you are interested in this position, please send your application letter and resume.
Our business is protecting what is important to you. We provide reliable fire, safety and security solutions that protect people, property, and assets. We also provide parking management solutions & equipment. We are proud to carry an extensive portfolio of world-class brands. From fire detection and suppression to intruder alarms, access control, video surveillance, home automation and safety wear and equipment, we deliver solutions to meet both our clients’ needs and their budgets. We also design solutions and services for a wide variety of clients and settings from private residences to commercial establishments as well as the marine industry. Key to our success is the team of highly qualified and experienced technical staff dedicated to the design, supply, and installation and commissioning of fire fighting, safety and security systems. We run a 24x7 call-out service and a maintenance centre able to support many third-party systems. Our wide range of products can be viewed at our showroom and display area in Qormi.