Our client, that operates within the financial services, is currently looking to recruit a CFO to join their team.
- Acts as a business partner to the CEO to guide and build value in the company.
- Provides support to the Board of Directors and shareholders as needed.
- Develops and advises on business development and strategic planning including the active involvement in the development and implementation of the Company’s business plan.
- Plans, develops, organises, implements directs and evaluates the Company’s fiscal functions from every relevant perspective.
- Manages treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and correct financial reporting.
- Coordinates the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensures the reconciliation processes of all divisions of the Company are carried out and documented as necessary.
- Coordinates the preparation of management accounts, financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
- Provides timely, accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist the CEO and other executives with their responsibilities.
- Oversees completion of timely annual audited financial statements.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reports on variances.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e., growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programmes/ strategies and regulatory interactions.
- Develops reliable global cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the Company.
- Optimises the management of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance the Company’s cash position on a broad overall basis and manages cash flow investment risk and yields.
- Continually improves the timeliness and accuracy of the Company’s cash flow and management of the payables process and month end, quarterly and year end closings.
- Oversees risk and Corporate insurance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, VAT, and employment taxes.
Education & Experience:
- Solid experience in a senior finance management role, ideally within the Financial Services sector.
- You will possess an accountancy qualification and must be a holder of a CPA warrant.
- Strong management skills with a proven track record to manage teams.
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability of working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese