Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Officer
to join their Finance team on a full-time basis.
MDL is part of the Debono Group, a multifaceted Group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records;
- Controlling and Processing supplier invoices ensuring appropriate level of authorization and accurate cost centre/expense code coding;
- Verifying suppliers accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Handling payments in an organised and timely manner, also keeping in consideration the credit terms allowed;
- Allocating payments appropriately against applicable invoices;
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents;
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts by providing the month-end accruals/prepayments;
- Maintaining regular communication with suppliers and service providers;
- Resolving queries from suppliers and internal colleagues;
- Additional finance tasks as distributed by the management team.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- A-Level standard of education, preferably with a pass in Accountancy;
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable function;
- Strong communication skills;
- Organised and methodological;
- Very good team player;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.