Graziella Debattista Certified Public Accountants in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Payroll and Accounts Administrator
to join their team on a full-time/reduced hours basis.
Job description and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for processing payrolls for clients, namely collecting timekeeping information, the accurate and timely calculation of payroll, and issuing pay and pay-related information to employees. This role will also support some accounting and bookkeeping tasks within the accounts department of the firm.
- Process all approved payroll pre- and post-tax adjustments to basic wages;
- Process and close periodic payrolls;
- Issue all local submissions to the Inland Revenue;
- Prepare payments for authorisation;
- Address employee’s pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information;
- Provide cover for accounts function within the firm, namely assisting in bookkeeping, preparation of vat returns, preparation of management accounts, and administration works;
- Provide support to other sections as and when required.
The ideal candidate must:
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to organise information into a coherent and meaningful format;
- Be able to work as part of a team and on their own;
- Be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the business;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel. EDCL qualification is highly recommended;
- Having a working knowledge of all other Microsoft Office applications;
- Having a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Support the behavior of working within the firm, sharing best practice and collaboration with colleagues outside of own sphere of business;
- Always act and behave in a way compliant within the firm’s guidelines and policies, be open to change, take responsibility, excel in what we do, and work together;
Minimum Experience Required:
- Applicants must have at least an A level in Accountancy or AAT Diploma in Accounts or equivalent or is currently at the initial stages of the ACCA qualification;
- Good command of English and Maltese is necessary for the post.
Graziella Debattista Certified Public Accountants:
Graziella Debattista FCCA, FIA, CPA is a certified public accountant and registered auditor who provides audit and accountancy services to both local and foreign businesses operating through companies, partnerships or sole proprietors. I have been running my own business for the past 12 years. Our team is made up of highly dedicated and experienced professionals that provide the highest level of service to our clients. We take pride in working harder and going further to support our clients to achieve their objectives. After all, our success is measured by our clients' success.
- Applicants must have experience of working in a Finance Department.
- Experience of working with any payroll software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Sage Accounting Programme would be considered an asset.