One of our clients, a professional services company are currently looking to recruit a Junior Accountant into their finance team.
The role will focus on maintaining accounting records and progress to assisting in the preparation of management accounts and financial statements.
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses
- Reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledger
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts
- Progression to assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Progression to assisting in the preparation of annual financial statements
- Assisting with Auditor queries
- Assisting with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template
- Preparation of the company accounts in accordance with applicable legislation as delegated by the Team Leader
- Acting as a liaison with other departments within the group
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the business.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of an A level in accounts or Part-qualified ACCA (early stages)
- Previous practical accounts experience is beneficial, however full training will be provided
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Able to work well to deadlines
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English