Lidl in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Junior Accountant to join their Accounts Department team on a full-time basis.
The purpose and goals of this position are to responsibly perform duties in the fields of accounting, store and warehouse billing, and IT operations. Particular duties include the correct processing of documents, calculating stocks, and monitoring cash flow within the company specifications - organisational policies, etc.
What will you do:
What will you need:
- Provide day to day support to the Senior Accountant;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assist in the administration and bookkeeping;
- Assist in other general duties as the need arises;
- Sorting and filing of invoices and other documents;
- Payment processing and posting of invoices;
- Assist in bank reconciliations.
What do we offer:
- ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification or in the final stages of obtaining such qualification;
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and team-oriented;
- Strong work ethic;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Italian.
- Knowledge of SAP will be considered an asset;
Lidl was founded in the 30’s in Germany as a food distribution company! Today Lidl, part of the Schwarz group, is one of the major retail operators in Germany and as an international group, it has an important role in Europe. The first supermarkets have been opened in the 70’s. Lidl has continued his growth in the 80’s in Germany, entering the international market in the 90’s. Currently, there are supermarkets in almost all European countries. Nowadays Lidl is one of the most developed discount chains in Europe. Also in the future Lidl will keep playing an important role in the development of new markets, offering as always the best value for money harmony.
- A secure job;
- A pleasant yet demanding working environment;
- A motivated team;
- Interesting and diverse activities;
- Development opportunities in a dynamic company that is continuously expanding;
- A secure workplace characterised by advanced, task-oriented and professional training;
- A full time, indefinite contract.