One of our clients within the services industry in Malta is looking to recruit an Internal Audit Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Executing internal audit work within set time frames, maintaining adequate documentation and providing assistance in the compilation of audit work programmes;
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of Group operations including non-financial cycles;
- Mapping systems, identifying weaknesses and providing efficient business recommendations to improve upon existing internal corporate governance structures and internal control procedures within the Group;
- Reporting to his/her senior and assisting in the execution of the Internal Audit Plan.
- A recognised University Degree in business administration, accountancy, finance, management, economics or equivalent;
- Work experience in accounting, mathematical or statistical fields preferably within the financial services industry will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of Insurance, Solvency II regulation and/or Financial Services;
- Knowledge of Accounting with a background in IFRS’s;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of Maltese and/or Spanish would be an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Able to interpret the results of numerical analysis;
- Able to apply data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes.