Paragon Recruitment in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Officer on a full-time basis to join their team within their Finance Department. The Accounts Officer will be reporting to the Accounts Manager.
A typical day might include:
- Carrying out daily reconciliations;
- Reconciling accounting ledgers as required;
- Coding and posting of purchase invoices;
- Monitoring debtor balances and ensure follow up;
- Maintaining the Creditors Ledger;
- Issuing payments;
- Interim and final Financial Reporting for EU Projects;
- Assisting the Accounts Manager in everyday tasks.
You are good at:
- The English language;
- Knowledge of Maltese would be an asset;
- Conducting telephone calls to chase creditors;
- Working on own initiative and also as part of a team;
- General accounting duties.
You also possess:
- Post-Secondary certification in Accounting or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years in financial reporting, credit control and debt recovery procedures and work within a finance team;
- Ability to effectively present information to management as well as communicate effectively with co-workers;
- IT skills, having knowledge of and experience in using computerised accounting systems including SAGE as well as MS Office and Excel;
- Experience in EU project reporting;
- A keen eye for detail and meticulous.
Paragon Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting-edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more. We assist these organisations with the sourcing and implementation of EU funded projects and tailor our services to each individual requirement ensuring positive results every time. Besides advising public and private organisations on EU funding, Paragon staff also assist good organisations to become great through business and financial advice.