Our client in Malta is looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join their team within the manufacturing sector on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the relevant Finance Manager.
A typical day will include:
- Preparing accurate management accounts within strict deadlines and in accordance with accounting principles and tax regulations;
- Liaising with management, prepare budgets and monitor/report performance with variance analysis and commentaries;
- Providing a support service by working with the respective departments and the management team to assist in critical decision-making processes;
- Ensuring adherence to budget;
- Controlling inventory and action appropriate measures;
- Offering professional guidance on financial matters and advice on ways of improving business performance as applicable;
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Monitoring and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements to business processes and workflows where needed;
- Actively contributing to the audit process.
You must possess:
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- An accounting qualification;
- Have relevant experience in a finance-related environment (experience in the manufacturing industry would be considered an asset);
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills as well as interpersonal qualities;
- An understanding of current management information systems;
- Hold a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and drive;
- Practice high ethical standards and committed to ensuring the highest levels of corporate governance.