Our client is seeking to recruit a Finance Executive within their finance unit. The chosen candidate will report to the Production Finance Manager.
- Reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal control procedures and introducing new controls when appropriate;
- Collate, prepare and interpret routine financial and operational reconciliation and reports and present them to management in line with specific deadlines;
- Developing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals for the Finance Department;
- Reconciliation of work related to the Finance Department and recording transactions accordingly;
- Develop financial management tools to minimize financial risk of the company;
- Handling and maintaining inter-company transactions and reconciliations;
- Handling and maintaining supplier reconciliations;
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports requested by management and discuss financial concepts whilst interpreting the impact of accounting decisions on the company;
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations;
- Setting up and analysing of KPI's on a periodical basis;
- Support the team in other work such as, but not limited to, audit, annual reports, implementation of new modules and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Partly qualified (Initial stages of ACCA qualification);
- Previous experience in the accounting department or in an internal audit function within manufacturing would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in costings would be considered an asset.
- an understanding of the construction and manufacturing industry would be considered an asset;
- excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- good organisational skills;
- hands on with a can do attitude;
- analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- problem solving and decision-making skills.
Jon reference: XZ373