Our client is seeking to recruit a Finance Executive to join their finance department. The chosen candidate will report to the Financial Controller.
- Handling of intra-group set offs as well as Debtor set offs;
- Debtor management;
- Handling of foreign suppliers;
- Inventory processing and spot checks;
- Supervising stock take processes and implement required adjustments;
- Handling of inventory and accounting controls;
- Reviewing transactions before VAT return submissions;
- Performing supplier and inventory reconciliations as necessary;
- Reviewing bank reconciliations;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the retail system;
- Liaising with auditors before and during yearly statutory audit;
- Frequent communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Partly qualified (Initial stages of ACCA qualification);
- Knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards and regulations;
- Previous experience in an accounting department within the retail industry would be considered an asset.
- An understanding of the retail industry would be considered an asset;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Hands-on with a can do attitude;
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
Jon reference: CK679