BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit a Finance Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be performing day to day finance operations and will be working in a team within the Finance Department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Debtors management;
- Handling of Intra-Group setoffs as well as Debtor setoffs with the Group;
- Handling of foreign suppliers;
- Inventory processing and spot checks;
- Supervising stock take processes and implement required adjustments;
- Handling of Inventory and accounting controls;
- Review of transactions before VAT return submissions;
- Performing supplier and inventory reconciliations as necessary;
- Review of Bank Reconciliations;
- Retail System day to day maintenance;
- Liaising with external auditors before and during the yearly statutory audit;
- Frequent communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Licenses required:
- Work in an office environment;
- Working hours are 40 hours a week.
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Previous experience in an accounting department within the Retail industry would be considered as an asset, although not a must;
- The ideal candidate must be in the initial stages of obtaining ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification.