One of our clients, within the fund management industry in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will report to the Finance Manager.
The candidate will be responsible to form a new accounts payable function within the European finance team. He/she will lead the hiring, training, and support of staff members. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the function operates smoothly, provides accurate and complete output whilst adhering to the internal policies and procedures. The role involves the setup and documenting of the said new policies and procedures. He/she will also serve as a liaison between the function and external parties but will also be communicating with other group regional finance teams, he/she will report to the finance manager locally.
- Overseeing routine function activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Maintaining accurate and complete general ledger and records;
- Managing monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information;
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information to management;
- Developing, implementing and documenting policies and procedures and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency;
- Hiring, training, motivating and evaluating staff members;
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives;
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees and related third parties;
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time by management.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- A University degree in accountancy or equivalent/ACCA completed;
- A general flair towards IT and the automation function;
- An ability to work to and meet agreed to deadlines;
- Good planning, organizational and problem-solving skills/can-do attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external parties;
- Competence in Excel and accounting packages;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.