Job vacancy: Senior Accountant
Job code: CCMT00819
To support the company's growth, Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd in Malta are now looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Finance Team on a full-time basis.
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required;
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports;
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators and audit firm personnel;
- Confirm with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures;
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Keeping well-informed of the regulatory changes and impact they might have on the Company;
- Be the point of contact with auditors during the annual audit process and the Regulatory Bodies;
- Assist in other specific assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties.
Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd:
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fintech and Marketing companies. We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
- Two to Four years progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Banking industry;
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar;
- Strong analytical and accounting skills;
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both the general ledger and statutory accounting;
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty;
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company;
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines;
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative;
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Present a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude.