Our client, an extremely reputable construction and building services company are looking for a reliable and self-driven Debt Collector
to join their team on a full-time basis. Your main duty will be to help the company get paid for money it is owed. You will be responsible for contacting debtors and negotiate payments. You will be the main person responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep tracking outstanding debts;
- Plan a course of action to recover owed money;
- Locate and contact debtors;
- Negotiate payoff deadlines and payment plans;
- Handle customers' questions or complaints;
- Identify gaps in the system and recommend solutions;
- Build trust with debtors;
- Update account status and database regularly;
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Review of orders and ensuring that deposits are collected before works commence;
- Planning the dates for the issuing of Applications for Payment/Service Expense Reports/Invoices;
- Ensuring that the AFPs are issued by the planned date by following up with all team members involved in the process;
- Liaising with Consultants to obtain Payment Certificates;
- Liaising with Clients to ensure that payment is made within the agreed credit period;
- informing the team if there are issues with the AFP that need resolving before Certificates are issued or payments made;
- Follow up with our Finance Department to ensure that monthly statements are sent;
- Attending Debtors Meeting to report on Debtor status;
- Proposing discount schemes or payment plans for overdue Debtor balances.
- 5 years of experience as a debt collector;
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases;
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
Please send your CV to apply for this fantastic opportunity.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent in the UK and across the globe. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. We currently supply clients throughout the UK and worldwide. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arises.