Job vacancy: Accounts Payables Clerk
Do you get motivated working with numbers, handling and processing payments? We are looking for an organized and hard-working person to fill in the post of Accounts Payable Clerk.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should:
- Issuing of payments through online banking or cheques & posting them in the system;
- Preparing regular supplier reconciliations together with sorting any discrepancies;
- Handling of Bank Visas and Petty Cash;
- Handling the Procurement Management system – posting of invoices and issuing of purchase orders;
- Issuing Sales Invoices;
- Liaising with suppliers via telephone calls and emails; together with continuous follow up on their requests;
- Assisting with audit requests in relation to creditors/invoices and payments;
- Other administration duties as required including filing.
- Have an A level standard of education preferably in Accounts;
- Be conversant with MS Office applications particularly in Excel;
- Have proven the ability to work on own initiative & with minimum supervision;
- Have a systematic working style with an eye for detail & accuracy;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication.
Preference will be given to candidates with working experience in an accounting environment.
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fiber cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.