Malta Mariott Hotel & Spa is looking to recruit a General Cashier to join their team on a full-time basis. The General Cashier is responsible for the timely preparation of the daily banking of cash, preparing the General Cashier’s summary and processing petty cash and all deposits. The employee is required to also provide support to all the outlets of the Hotel in their daily cash needs.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Collection of daily cashier envelopes from the drop safe and the preparation of a Daily General Cashier Report recording cash, cheques, bank transfers and credit cards.
- Credit card reconciliation is done on a weekly basis.
- Bank reconciliation is done on a weekly basis.
- Responsibility to liaise with the bank representatives and respond to credit card chargebacks and credit card inquiries.
- Arrangement for collection of weekly takings by the bank.
- Monitoring compliance with hotel policies for house banks and ensuring all house floats are supported by current, fully completed and approved house bank contracts.
- Responsible to update foreign exchange rates on a weekly basis and arrange the pick-up of any foreign currency.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis.
- Carry out float checks of all cashier floats at least once a month.
- Ensure cash reports balance with income audit revenue reports.
Qualifications And Requirements
Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa:
Formerly the Le Meridien St Julians Hotel & Spa, the Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa is currently being refurbished and will reopen in December 2019.
- Have a qualification at advanced level standard or equivalent in Accounts.
- Have excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be organised, methodical and have an eye for detail.
- Be an effective team player.