ARQ Accounting Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Manager who, under the supervision of the Senior Accounts Manager will manage their Accounting Team.
Based in our Birkirkara offices, the role requires an ambitious person with strong leadership and management skills and who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate reporting to the Senior Manager - Accounting, will be responsible for providing direction and mentoring a team of accountants and must be committed to delivering a quality customer experience to our clients. Part of ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides a range of local and international clients with Book-keeping, Management Accounting and VAT Compliance services.
Main duties and key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department;
- Provide excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries;
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close;
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy;
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methodology, policies and principles;
- Supervise and monitor the work of the accounts department personnel and ensure that they follow established rules and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize projects, quickly determine the requirements to accomplish them;
- Assist the head of accounts to identify inefficiencies in the workflow, and implement new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
Key Skills and Experience:
ARQ Accounting Ltd:
ARQ Group is a partnership between the founding partners of Capstone Group, a mid-tier audit and accounting firm and the law firm, Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal. It brings together expertise in accountancy, taxation, business advisory and corporate services within one organisation with independent audit and legal support also close at hand. ARQ builds on the experience and reputation of the 5 founding partners who come from varied backgrounds and have accumulated experience in various sectors and segments along the way. The decision to seek, what was initially seen as a ‘closer integration’ between Capstone and Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal very quickly developed into a more complete association with the creation of the ARQ Group brand to incorporate the merged corporate, trust and fiduciary, accounting, taxation and business advisory services administered previously by Capstone Advisory. This new entity carries forward the experience, culture and work ethic accumulated over the course of a number of years and countless client relations into a fresh and more developed environment with updated systems and procedures as well as greater depth in personnel. With material input from both parties, the intention is to provide a seamless and efficient solution to our current and future clients.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Highly organised person;
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and develop staff;
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards;
- Able to work on their own initiative and in a team whilst also adhering to deadlines;
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance or ACCA qualified;
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in corporate accounting will be considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package.