Advent Lifts Services Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Financial Controller and the Assistant Financial Controller.
- To perform a range of credit control, accounting and bookkeeping supporting tasks and general administrative duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular follow up with clients and ensure that the ‘Average’ collection period is in line with the internal financial framework;
- Be actively involved in the administration and monitoring of credit control procedures;
- Achieve the monthly collection targets set by the framework;
- Answer incoming calls, respond and resolve customer’s enquiries and coordinate disputes if needed by routing to the appropriate resources for resolution and follow up where necessary;
- Issue sales invoices in line with the monthly targets set by the framework;
- Follow up with Head of Departments and monitor all pending jobs and works in progress;
- Assist in the valuation of the Works In Progress (WIP) as part of the month-end procedures;
- Ensure that postings related to suppliers and other statements are up to date;
- Post cheques and/or bank deposits in a timely manner including allocations;
- Provide calculation of bad debts provision in line with the internal financial framework;
- Provide timely feedback on high-risk receivable balances;
- Maintaining and promoting a positive attitude toward customers and fellow employees regardless of the circumstances;
- Maintain a properly organised filing system where necessary;
- Share information across the organisation by using the right communication flows;
- Apply appropriately mannered communication skills with clients, colleagues and superiors;
- Comprehend requirements; provide high-quality service and support;
- Oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment;
- Be aware of any health and safety issues; also understand appropriately ergonomic techniques;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Maintain customer’s trust relationship by keeping service information confidential;
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Conducts professional behaviour with a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Organised, works independently and able to prioritise his/her workload;
- Results-oriented and achieves deadlines;
- Punctual and dependable;
- A clear communicator and an active listener;
- Able to work in a team.
- Preferably MQF Level 4/5 Diploma in Accounting, or early stages of ACCA, ACA and/or 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and also Maltese;
- A valid Maltese driving license;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and electronic devices.
The list of ‘Duties & Responsibilities’ appearing in this job description is neither necessarily exhaustive nor is any part of this job description permanent or immutable and can be amended from time to time as deemed fit by the Company aligned with its exigencies.
Advent Lifts Services Ltd:
Vertibus is a modern and highly efficient company that specialises in the design, and manufacturing of lifts and escalators.Our market-leading design and innovation teams, operating from our facilities on the strategically located Mediterranean island of Malta, and from the creative and industrial powerhouse that is northern Italy, develop bespoke vertical transportation solutions that are innovative, efficient, comfortable and safe.