GoTo Malta is seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant
to join their growing team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of bank accounts and posting of bank transactions
- Updating bank balances on a regular basis
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing of supplier payments
- Posting of invoices within the accounting system
- Keep proper documentation and filing of all accounting documents
- Responsible for petty cash including postings
- Inter-company transfers and monthly reconciliation of inter-company balances
- Posting of accruals and prepayments
- Other nominal ledger postings
- Preparation of vat returns
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts within established timeframes
- Assisting in the annual statutory audit
- NSO and similar questionnaires
- Other ad-hoc duties normally performed in an accounts department.
GoTo Malta is the national car-sharing scheme in Malta and Gozo which provides residents and visitors with a green transportation alternative that relieves congestion, creates more parking spaces, reduces air pollution levels, promotes the development of electric vehicles market, and most importantly, saves the individual’s cost for transportation. The cars are self-driven by paid members from a designated, exclusive public car-space to another space paying a per-minute or hourly fee which includes electricity charge, reserved parking spots, insurance, and a Valletta CVA fee. GoTo Malta is available as iOS and Android apps, plus a desktop site. The app, which serves as a key to unlock the car, walks the user through the process of opening the vehicle, navigating the driver to the available parking near the user's destination and ending the trip. GoTo Malta is part of Debono Group, a long-established, multi-faceted group of companies operating in the field of the mobility of goods and people. Debono Group offers a dynamic, fun, diverse and respectful environment that focuses on bringing innovation to the urban lifestyle.
- The selected candidates shall possess an AAT / MQF Level 5 certification in Accounting or equivalent
- S/he will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounts
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
- The candidate shall be a self- motivated and efficient individual, able to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- S/he must be well presented, energetic and must portray a can-do attitude.