Our Client has a vacancy for a Client Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and assisting with the preparation of financial statements and management accounts for a portfolio of Clients.
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including;
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers;
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts;
- Reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances;
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses;
- Assist with the compilation of management accounts;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template;
- Preparation of trust and company accounts in accordance with applicable legislation;
- Prepare the associated working papers and evidencing balances to the financial statements;
- Assisting with auditors’ queries;
- Undertake the annual review process of entities for which accounts have been prepared.
- Liaison with other departments within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
Skills & Qualifications
- Mid stages or part-qualified in ACCA, AAT Diploma or the equivalent ;
- 1-2 years' accounting experience in a similar role;
- Good communication, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision.
Our client is licensed to act as a trustee and to provide other fiduciary services.