Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Assistant Cost Controller
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Cost Controller, the Assistant Cost Controller
is responsible for undertaking spot check inventory, monthly inventory, reconciliation of monthly inventory balances as well as supporting of the finance and stores functions.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Account for daily inter-outlet transfer requests for proper cost allocation whilst maintaining accurate inventory reconciliation including daily discounts and complimentary products given in all outlets;
- Assist the Cost Controller in conducting a market survey of food and beverage products;
- Conduct the biannual operating equipment inventory and report the losses;
- Conduct spot checks for spoilage, wastage and pilferage at all outlets and ensure that all par stock levels in the kitchen and bars are strictly adhered to and report same to cost controller;
- Check and verify, food and beverage supplier invoices before forwarding to Accounts Payable for processing including but not limited to conducting spot checks on receiving items;
- Carry out any other duties and responsibility assigned by the Cost Controller or the Financial Controller;
- Carry out the daily import of point of sale item sales in venues for inventory reconciliation;
- Complete daily/weekly food cost calculation for verification by the Cost Controller;
- Input additions, new pricing and menus into the POS;
- Perform monthly stock takes of all outlets and stores including random spot checks for proper accounting.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Previous experience using Shireburn Inventory System will be considered as an asset;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last minute requests;
- Excellent command of English;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.