Our client is an established
Insurance Brokers in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Finance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Perform a variety of clerical accounting functions such as compiling and sorting documents, calculating, reconciling and verifying statements, and posting transactions to accounts;
- Maintain established accounting practices and procedures;
- Reconcile statements received from certain Insurers on a monthly basis;
- Payments to local and foreign Insurers;
- Update the monthly accruals and prepayments file and ensure that all transactions have been carried out at month end;
- Compile the Premium Analysis report on a monthly basis;
- Transfer company’s brokerage from Clients’ Money bank account to company’s bank account;
- Extract the debtors’ and creditors’ balances at month end and reconciling aged balances with the accounting software;
- Prepare payments due to suppliers for parts/car rentals/survey expenses incurred on claim settlements of clients;
- Prepare the stamp duty statement on a quarterly basis;
- Document stamp duties charged on local policies placed with foreign insurers;
- Reconcile commissions received from the insurers and verifying that all dues are collected;
- Compile an end-of-year report of all gross premiums and commissions received per insurer on a monthly basis;
- Provide support and solve any queries that may arise;
- Assist the Finance department with any backlog duties which may arise from time to time.
- An 'A-level' of standard of education in accounting;
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Sage;
- Previous experience in a similar role.
All applicants must be eligible to work in teh EU.
Quad is a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others.