Paragon Recruitment in Malta is seeking to recruit an Accounts Clerk on behalf of one of their clients within the Manufacturing Industry to join their team on a full-time basis. As an Accounts Clerk, you will be responsible for performing a range of accounting and bookkeeping supporting tasks and general administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular follow up with clients and ensure that the ‘Average’ collection period is in line with guidelines;
- Actively involved in the administration and monitoring of credit control procedures;
- Achieve the monthly collection targets set by the framework;
- Answer incoming calls, respond and resolve customers' enquiries and coordinate disputes as required;
- Issue sales invoices;
- Follow up with Head of Departments and monitor all pending jobs and works in progress;
- Assist in the valuation of the Works In Progress (WIP);
- Ensure that postings and other statements are up to date;
- Post cheques and/or bank deposits in a timely manner including allocations;
- Provide calculation of bad debts provision in line set procedures;
- Provide timely feedback on high-risk receivable balances;
- Maintain a properly organised filing system where necessary;
- Share information across the organisation by using the right communication flows;
- Oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment;
- Be aware of and follow any health and safety issues;
- Attend any training provided by the company;
- Maintain customer’s trust service information confidential;
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Conducts professional behaviour with a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Organised, works independently and able to prioritise his/her workload;
- Results oriented and achieve deadlines;
- Punctual and dependable;
- Able to work in a team.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Preferably MQF Level 4/5 Diploma in Accounting, or early stages of ACCA, ACA and/or 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and Maltese;
- A valid Maltese driving license;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and electronic devices.