Terracore Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an Accountant
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The main responsibilities shall include, without limitation:
- Preparing accurate management accounts within strict deadlines and in accordance with accounting principles and Tax regulations;
- Performing reconciliations on a timely basis and as necessary, including bank, creditors and intercompany reconciliations;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns in a timely manner and within the deadlines;
- Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files for the company employees;
- Assist in payroll calculations, changes, deductions, and withholdings;
- Calculate wages for overtime earnings and process vacation deductions;
- Address payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner;
- Submission of FSS payments in a timely manner and within the deadlines;
- Liaising with auditors in terms of statutory audit, bankers and other consultants as necessary;
- Reviewing the work of junior and semi-senior staff, and training when necessary;
- Operating as an effective point of contact for all financial and accounting matters;
- Cultivating strong relationships with clients;
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Terracore Ltd has over 30 years of experience in drilling on-shore and off-shore, locally and abroad. We can drill from the smallest hole of 1mm up to 300mm in diameter vertically, horizontally and at any angle. Some of the services include borehole drilling, micro-piles, W.S.C approved water wells, rock bolting, boreholes for deep electrodes, downhole installations, and more. We can also drill in very confined spaces with our specially designed rigs to provide the best service with no damage to existing structures.
- Applicants must be in possession of a university degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA certification or be in the final stages of attaining such qualifications;
- Preferably five years’ experience in a similar position;
- Fluent in business acumen, hold a strong understanding of business needs and key risk factors in order to pre-empt client needs;
- Being proactive in addressing internal and external situations and developing solutions for discussion and execution;
- A team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a good grasp of current management information systems;
- Have a positive, can-do attitude with strong work ethic.