Our client, operating in Retail, Wholesale & Distribution in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Accountant
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Offering guidance to other junior members in the team whilst liaising with the other Division Managers;
- Putting in place systems and procedures that ensure the efficient running of the Finance Department;
- Ensure that daily transactions are updated on the accounting system and that all bank accounts are reconciled;
- Monthly reconciliation of accruals and prepayments;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting including consolidations and bank reporting;
- Monitor capital expenditure and purchase requisitions to ensure that they are within allocated budgets;
- Implement internal controls and initiate corrective actions as necessary;
- Participates in projects assigned and contributes to the decision-making process through accurate and timely analyses;
- Preparation and filing of both periodic VAT returns and company income tax returns;
- Liaises with auditors and assists in the preparation of the yearly financial statements and regulatory reports.
- Must possess a University Degree in Accountancy or ACCA equivalent;
- At least two years’ experience in a very fast-paced accounting role, preferably within a group of companies;
- Fluent in English and Maltese both written and spoken;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, along with well-advanced use of Shireburn Accounting Software;
- Ability to work within a team, leading by example the junior members in the team;
- Work meticulously to tight deadlines and handle projects assigned with integrity;
- Able to work in a highly organised manner and with self-directed initiative;
- Problem-solving and good judgement skills focused and results-oriented;
- Upholds a professional approach when dealing with foreign principals.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
Quad is a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others