Our Client is currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Executive to strengthen their Finance Department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Administration of accounting records; including the posting of routine transactions, bank and other reconciliations, monthly maintenance invoices and third-party order processing;
- Debtors chasing;
- Preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports;
- Posting of accounting journals including maintenance of prepayments, accruals and deferred income schedules;
- Updating of Sales and Purchasing ledger;
- Handling of petty cash;
- Company procurement procedures;
- Processing of payments and receipts in a timely manner;
- Maintenance of the company fixed asset register;
- Assisting in the administration of the companies insurance policies;
- Dealing with auditors as part of the annual statutory external audit;
- Dealing with matters and general queries of the company’s clients and suppliers;
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers, customers and third parties;
- Assistance with the onboarding and off-boarding of clients including preparation and review of contracts;
- Other general and administrative duties.
Skills & Qualifications
- An AAT diploma or in the process of obtaining the ACCA qualification;
- Strong technical accounting background with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Fluent in written and spoken Maltese & English;
- Organised with the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A great eye for detail;
- In possession of strong time-management skills;
- Positive and proactive team player;
- Familiarity with the use of the Shireburn Financial Manager (SFM) will be considered an asset.
Our Client is a leading software development house based in Malta, serving both local and international clients.