Our client is an established Insurance Brokers firm are currently looking to recruiting a Junior Accountant
to join their team in Malta.
- Performs a variety of clerical accounting functions such as compiling and sorting documents, calculating, reconciling and verifying statements, and posting transactions to accounts.
- Provides information to the directors as required, maintains established accounting practices and procedures and performs related work as may be required;
- Reconciles statements received from certain Insurers on a monthly basis with the Trade Payables Ledger;
- Payments to local and foreign Insurers;
- Updating the monthly accruals and prepayments file and ensuring that all transactions have been carried out at month end;
- Compile the Premium Analysis report on a monthly basis;
- Transferring the company’s brokerage from Clients’ Money bank account to the company’s bank account;
- Compiling and reconciling the insurer’s Binder Premium and Claims Bordereaux;
- Extracting the debtors’ and creditors’ balances at month end and reconciling aged balances with the accounting software;
- Preparation of payments due to suppliers for parts/car rentals/survey expenses incurred on claim settlements of clients;
- Preparation of the stamp duty statement on a quarterly basis;
- Document stamp duties charged on local policies placed with foreign insurers are transferred from the respective creditor to I.R.D. account via Journal Entry;
- Stamp document duties due for the settlement are reviewed by the finance manager;
- Reconciling commissions received from the insurers and verifying that all dues are collected.
- Compiling an end-of-year report of all gross premiums and commissions received per insurer on a monthly basis;
- Supervise the work performed by the personnel of the Finance & Administration department;
- Provide support and solve any queries that may arise;
- Assisting the Finance & Administration department with any backlog duties which may arise from time to time.
All Applicants must be eligible to Work in the EU.
- An A-level standard of education in accounting;
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Sage;
- Previous experience in a similar role.
Quad is a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others.