Grand Hotel Excelsior, one of the leading five-star hotels on the Maltese Islands, is looking to recruit a highly motivated General Cashier
to join its expanding Accounts department on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for all cash collections in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Collecting and counting the contents of all cashier’s daily envelopes;
- Preparing the General Cashier’s Daily Report;
- Preparing bank deposits;
- Reimbursing hotel cashiers for disbursements made by them;
- Counting the assigned cash float daily and properly accounting for all disbursements made thereof;
- Performing spot-checks on cash floats of all cashiers;
- Booking back statements and reconciling these with the financial accounting system;
- Providing the Front Desk with the current exchange rates;
- Auditing and following-up with the Night Auditor on over & shorts;
- Carrying out all the work required at the end of every month and year.
GrandHotelExselsior As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- A minimum of an A level standard, or similar, in Accounts;
- A mature and hard-working attitude;
- Computer literate;
- Good command of English;
- Minimum 2-year experience in cash handling;
- High level of responsibility and organization skills;
- Ability to efficiently run all cashiering function and generate accurate cash reports.