One of our clients, a leader within the insurance services industry in Malta is seeking to recruit an Accountant to join their team on a full-time basis;
- Lead the reconciliation of all work related to the Finance Department;
- Lead the review, updating, and implementation of existing internal accounting systems and in introducing new systems and controls where appropriate;
- Development and review of policy and procedure manuals for the Finance Department;
- Maintenance of General Ledger, setting up new accounts and cost centres;
- Monitors debt management performance against targets and takes appropriate action;
- Ensures compliance to all financial methodologies, policies and validations;
- Monitors, or as necessary perform, the completing of quarterly VAT returns.
- Degree in Accounts or equivalent professional qualification;
- 5+ years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English;
- Able to communicate in Maltese would be an asset;
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory issues and accounting specifics to the insurance sector would be an asset;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude and decision-maker;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.