Following the setup and growth of Compre’s Maltese risk carrier, London & Leith Insurance PCC SE (LLSE), Compre is seeking to employ a full-time, fully qualified Accountant
based in Malta.
Accountant 's Principal Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To help achieve our vision of being a leading European legacy specialist company that continues to expand its risk carrier portfolio in actively seeking opportunities across Europe with further acquisitions of companies and/or portfolios.
- The role will involve taking over the accounting responsibilities described below for the Maltese entities, being LLSE, Cambridge Holdco Ltd and Cambridge Topco Ltd.
Requirements to fulfil the role To fulfil the responsibilities, you would be expected to have the following skills and attributes:
- Taking over the accounting entries on SUN
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing the management accounts
- Preparing the financial statements
- Liaising with the auditors in terms of any audit queries
- Preparing annual QRTs, NSTs, CBM returns, SFCR, RSR and providing assistance with the ORSA for LLSE
- Assistance with the preparation of the VAT returns
- Assistance with payments
- Additional ad-hoc reporting as requested by management.
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving capability and ability to exercise sound judgement
- Excellent computing skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
The candidate must be prepared to travel to other European offices within the group and to participate in overseas training, seminars and conferences when required.
Compre is a leading European legacy specialist with over 30 years of experience in the acquisition and management of insurance and reinsurance companies and portfolios in run-off. Compre is a European business with operations in Finland, Germany, Switzerland, UK and Malta.