Our client is licensed in terms of Investments and as an Insurance Broker in terms of Insurance Intermediaries. It has passported its services to Portugal, UK and Italy and has a branch in Spain. They are looking to hire an Operations Manager to join their team.
Your main responsibilities include;
- to lead the day to day work
- ensuring that all the work produced is done in a compliant manner
- ensuring that all workings are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner
- ensuring that performance in terms of placement of orders and execution are within the best practice as laid down in MIFID11 or any subsequent legislation
- improving operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organisational well-being
- keeping abreast of changes in anti money laundering, compliance and financial services
- examine financial data and statements and use them to improve profitability
- perform quality controls and monitor KPIs'
Qualifications & Experience
- proven work experience as operations manager or being an IFA or insurance broker
- ideally be a qualified investment adviser or insurance broker
- have good knowledge of budget development and oversight experience
- ideally have a diploma in banking, economics or finance advice or bachelor's degree in operations management or financial services
- be well conversant with IT packages
- have good leadership and organisational skills
- ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- have an excellent eye for detail.
Reference: MT 0145/17