A Compliance Officer position within an insurance company providing insurance management services has arisen.
- Maintaining the Money Laundering Procedures Manual and ensure that the company is completely up-to- date with all current Laws and regulations.
- Maintaining the Compliance Procedures Manual and making sure it is up to date according to all laws and regulations
- Reviewing new business applications, ensuring all compliance, KYC and client due diligence has been satisfied and complies with MFSA regulations.
- Monitoring MFSA obligations for training and ensure the business meets its obligations
- Ensuring that all clients continue to be compliant with current legislation and MFSA requirements
- Reviewing and developing of the Company’s internal procedures and controls
- Liaising with clients and their representative in relation to compliance issues as may be required
- Preparation of reports and liaising with the FIAU, banks, auditors, and other external bodies
- Performing Company Secretarial duties
Education, Experience & Skills
- You must have either a qualification in law or else a related qualification in compliance
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience within compliance locally is a requirement
- Preference will be given to candidates already PQ'd by the MFSA
- Having previous experience performing company secretary duties will be considered an asset
- You must be an organised individual who is able to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English are a requirement