Job Vacancy: Accountant
Are you a fully qualified or completing your Accountancy qualification?Do you have experience in managing a team of Accounts Clerks? Are you able to manage the monthly closing of Accounts?
Our client, create innovative banking solutions and build their online capabilities to offer products and services worldwide.
You will be reporting to the Head of Finance, and be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records on the Bank’s finance systems. Preparing accurate and timely payments to suppliers, prepare communication to agents as well as providing overall support to the Finance function.
Areas of responsibility:
- Manages the monthly closing of accounts including:
- Reviews and approves the accruals and prepayments list
- Prepares and reconciles the payroll entries
- Prepares the intercompany account reconciliations – works with Group accounting teams to resolve differences
- Calculates monthly income accruals and prepares / communicates accounting entries to other Group accountants where needed
- Prepares monthly provision calculation and accounting entries
- Maintains card inventory records and prepares monthly accounting entries and adjustments
- Monthly interest accruals (income and cost) for intercompany loans
- Monthly update of FX rates in Navision
- Monthly intercompany expense accrual
- Monthly check of the VAT posting account and preparation of the quarterly vat return
- Approves payments created by Accounts Clerk in Banking online
- Supervision of Accounts Clerk daily activities
- Manages the fixed asset ledger including the monthly depreciation charges
- Manages the setup and creation of the Navision GL structure
- Works with ops and IT to ensure interfaces to sub-ledgers work properly
- Works with country marketing and other functions to ensure costs are accurately reflected in monthly results
Skill Set and Mind Set:
Kindly submit your application to us directly using the 'Apply Now' button. An immediate start is available for the right person.
- Qualified/Almost Qualified Accountant
- Experience with Navision a plus
- Comfortable with working in a fast-changing environment
- Good Analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
About us:Based in Malta, People & Co. (Founded in 1994) is an international recruitment and employment agency offering all the best Full, Part-Time and Temp jobs available in Malta today. We are also a development, training (People Learning) and business psychology consultancy with a global network of professional trainers and associates. A separate division offers data analytical services and we are IBM Advanced Business Partners for SPSS, Data-Mining and Business Analytics.