Job Vacancy: Accountant
Our client is an established financial institution headquartered in Malta and operating across Europe. They are currently looking to employ an Accountant for their Malta office.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records on the Bank’s finance systems, preparing accurate and timely payments to suppliers, prepare communication to agents as well as providing overall support to the Finance function.
Manages the monthly closing of accounts including:
- Reviews and approves the accruals and prepayments list
- Prepares and reconciles the payroll entries
- Prepares the intercompany account reconciliations – works with Group accounting teams to resolve differences
- Calculates monthly income accruals and prepares / communicates accounting entries to other Group accountants where needed
- Prepares monthly provision calculation and accounting entries
- Maintains card inventory records and prepares monthly accounting entries and adjustments
- Monthly interest accruals (income and cost) for intercompany loans
- Monthly update of FX rates in Navision
- Monthly intercompany expense accrual
- Monthly check of the VAT posting account and preparation of the quarterly vat return
- Approves payments created by Accounts Clerk in Banking online
- Supervision of Accounts Clerk daily activities
- Manages the fixed asset ledger including the monthly depreciation charges
- Manages the setup and creation of the Navision GL structure
- Works with ops and IT to ensure interfaces to sub-ledgers work properly
- Works with country marketing and other functions to ensure costs are accurately reflected in monthly results
- Works with IT to automate monthly processes (reconciliations, etc)
- Executes ad hoc tasks as may be requested by the Head of Finance
- Qualified/nearly Qualified Accountant
- Experience with Navision a plus
- Previous experience within a similar role within a bank/ financial services institution will be considered an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Comfortable with working in a fast-changing environment
- Proficient knowledge of English is a prerequisite
If you'd like to apply for this role, please send your up to date CV in MS Word format (your name in the file name) to Antoaneta to us directly using the 'Apply Now' button.
Quad are a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including Recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others.